Monday 19 November 2018

Muntazir /meaning: to expect, to wait anxiously/

You and I
Unlike dream and vision
The wilting hearts in thirst of desires unfulfilled
Swallowed in the fragility of hopes
Two Alphabets strung into syllables
The sighs on the cusp of our words fleeting yet lingering on lips
Unlike the wilderness of ephemeral solitude
The longitudes and latitudes of acquiescence unconquered, unvisited
The diverging paths tracing across the meaningless lives

You and I
We are breaths longing for the gaze of tomorrow,
Tomorrow stained without the sadness,
Without the careless abandon of a life left behind
We are the gasp of a dilapidated past
Beyond the silhouette of time
We are the fading myriad of illusions
Of the silence settling beyond the veil of our soul

You and I
We are unlike a promise
We are words caught beyond the infinities in our eyes
Soundlessly seeking for something we cannot name
We are unlike the  teardrop
Witholding a depth of regrets untold
We are the silence
Along the tranquil passage in search of ourselves,  The fainting night that blends into a dawn

You and I
We are unlike a destination
A journey beyond our wretchedness, where we are never looking back
I stand beyond the precipice, in the sea of a reticent contrast of everything
Failing for the perfect definition to mouth the answers met, as I find, you remain,
You remain, unlike the shadow in the dying darkness
that fell as an aching upon my soul

You and I
We were everything
And you were the peace beyond the uncertainty,
The breath exhaling the longing of a coveted dream
You and I
We are nothing
Yet everything.
We are unlike home
I trace you on my skin unlike a verse,
And you unlike a poetry spell a magic simmering,
Reminding there is love in every breath taken

You and I
You unlike a destination
Unlike a home
I burn all the maps in reaching for you...
I burn all left pieces of the broken past to built again

You and I
We leave.
We leave. And we do not turn back.

   ********************                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment

M I S S I N G

they found a body breathing with lungs full of nothingness  hands tied to the oppressions of the age his eyes blankly staring at the silence...