Wednesday 18 October 2017

ALICE

She haunts
In the daylight
Tracing me in the deep haze of memory
Her warm breath that smell like wine and ginger
Remains on the silhouette of my skin
I sense her fingers caressing my hairs,
Then nimbly scrawling her name on my palm
She cries out my name in the silence of midnight
Keeping me awake at unusual hours
I search her
Following her voice
In the distant and dark
My soul a restless wanderer
Desiring the arms of solace
To calm my weary heart.

She softly sings me a lullaby
When her heart brims with care.
Her eyes leak a fountain
That leave behind trails of ink
Rolling down her cheeks
And breaking into verses
Filling the blank spaces with her scrambled thoughts
She was a mystery
An unsual paradox
My shadow
My agony
In disguise
The ghost of a lover
Of a love
I lived in dreams
Appealed by her sobriety
Deceived by her charms
She was a poison in a golden chalice
I drank
And sank in depths of a world forgotten
I wished she was a lie
She is my torment
Still she haunts me
Living in a guise
Even in the daylight
Never seen by the waking eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

M I S S I N G

they found a body breathing with lungs full of nothingness  hands tied to the oppressions of the age his eyes blankly staring at the silence...