Sunday 24 September 2017

Sense of an Ending

I gaze in her grey eyes
And I find a sea of nostalgia drowning me in
The mists of melancholy blinded the view
And I found myself in deep gulfs of silence
The silent dark of loneliness
Where my soul howled alone in dark
And the deep silence fell
Fell and every shard of it
Hurt and made me bleed
And it felt as a strange foreboding,
Of an eclipse of loneliness cast on soul
It appeared as a long journey came to a sudden abrupt end
I was waving bye to the thing I had so badly desired,
Leaving me behind, deserted in a city far away
And I saw her leave
Walking each step, an infinite distance away from me
She finally turns and stares quietly standing near the door,
A single tear,
A last goodbye
And then the whistle blows,
I'm waving at the train I wanted to be in
And watch my heart sink as it leaves
A part of my soul lost with her in the unknown town she goes.

It was a glimpse,
Glimpse of a fleeting moment I gazed in the mirror of her grey eyes
It wasn't an end
But it was
The sense of an ending.
--Sybil Samuel

(Image credits: theodesseyonline.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

M I S S I N G

they found a body breathing with lungs full of nothingness  hands tied to the oppressions of the age his eyes blankly staring at the silence...